This section includes Frequently asked questions by sponsors and universities. Feel free to reach us via ‘Contact Us’ section if you would have any further questions
Questions for the Sponsors
1. What is the IP Rights arrangement for the research?
The IP Rights for the research belongs to the researching universities. However, the sponsors would be able to enjoy royalty free usage throughout the lifetime of the patent.
2. How about if my direct competitor also invests in the same research cluster?
Our approach is pre-competitive, hence it should not make a difference even if your competitor is another sponsor. You both would be able to enjoy the outcome of the research.
3. How do we keep updated about the research?
Once the research is in progress, we will share the ongoing research with the concerned parties.
Questions for the University Faculties
1. If our proposal is not successful in the previous round, can we resubmit?
Yes, you’re welcome to re-submit your proposal, provided that the scope of the projects should fit within ITC interests and broadly includes Healthcare, Robotics and AI.
2. How much funding do we have for the project?
This would vary depending upon the type of the project. However, we’re expecting about HKD 3.5M to HKD 5M per project approximately.
3. Can we form a team consisting of professors only from my university?
Faculty members in the Hong Kong UGC Universities with MIT partners are welcome to submit applications.MIT shall be one of the university partners.If MIT is not a partner, you can apply to ITC without the Consortium’s assistance.